Saturday, March 3, 2007

Who am I ?

see more of me on FlickrFor many years, I was a telecomm engineer. I lived and worked all over the world.

I put satellite communications equipment on planes trains and automobiles; I installed equipment in the White House and the Pentagon and designed stuff for the folks at Fort Meade. My name is on patents for the satellite telephone system used by the Taliban and Osama bin Laden.

I was paid to play in private jets, high speed chase boats, railroad locomotives and over-the-road trucks. They paid me to fly over Juneau Alaska in a float plane and over Utah’s canyon lands in a helicopter. I flew over the great salt lake and Colorado Rockies in the cockpit of a Lear. I drove from Tuscan to Tucumcari and Tehachapi to Tonopah (and from Berlin to Paris. And Melbourne to Brisbane). I drove jeeps over sand dunes in the Arabian Desert. It was a magic carpet ride.

Told differently, I was away from home 50 weeks a year, working 60 – 80 hours a week and living in hotels. I got close to a lot of really nice places with little time to see them.

Either way, I loved what I did but came to dislike the folks I did it for so we parted company . I’m whittling away at my savings and bored out of my mind. That’s still a better than working for thieves, even thieves with magic carpet rides.

Thank you very much Rupert, changing the name does not protect the innocent, or hide the guilty.

This blog is an attempt to put it all in some perspective and help me decide what I want to be when I grow up.

I’m too old to become a postal employee

6 comments:

  1. I actually know LostBob and can personally attest that everything he wroght and wrote are fully true.
    What he did not tell you is that his retirement fund was stolen by a major media mogul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just like you to not leave a forwarding address. contact me at ed****b** at hot****.c** to catch up. I'd like to know what country you're in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, dear LostBob. It need not be sane. After all sanity is for minds like yours and mine. From our perspective. But Universal Mind ? I dont think the word is even relevant. Unfathomable - unless u are yourself the Universal Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lostbob. I need to speak to you about your Dunker Church photo. Please email me @
    tshantz52@aol.com. I don't want to post my phone number here but I will email it to you.
    I live in Falling Waters

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are interested in one of your fascinating photos using it for of a German publication. Please email us redaktion@dubnow.de Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bob Keith from Moondog Medicine Show here. Our new CD is almost finished and we would like to use 1 or 2 of your photos on the inside cover. Please email at moondogmed@gmail.com to discuss. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete