Sunday, May 27, 2007

Western Maryland Blues Fest

The City of Hagerstown hosts the 12th annual Western Maryland Blues Fest from Friday June 1st, through Sunday the 3rd. Friday and Saturday performances take place on two stages downtown, just off the square, and are well worth the reasonable ticket price.

Note: Clicking on the photos will take you to it's page in my Flickr Photostream where you can see a full size image (and additional Blues Fest pictures).

To my Flickr photo page The Duke Robillard Band performs on the Budweiser Stage at the 2004 Blues Fest.

To my Flickr photo pagePaul Rishell & Annie Raines perform on the Bud Light Stage at the 2004 Blues Fest.

To my Flickr photo page
Joe Bonamassa closes this year's Saturday program. He alone is worth the day’s ticket price.

The photo to the left is from his performance at last year's Blues Fest.







Sunday’s performances, the Family Blues Picnic, are free and take place at the bandshell in Hagerstown’s City Park.

To my Flickr photo pageI am really looking forward to the Mary Ann Redmond Band’s performance there. (Note there is an error on the schedule listed on Mary Ann’s web page. Her performance will be at City Park and not downtown as stated on her site).

To my Flickr photo page Rosie Ledet and the Zydeco Playboys Perform in the Bandshell at the 2006 Blues Fest.

There is also a free prelude performance around noon on Thursday, May 31st at University Plaza in downtown Hagerstown.

This is a big event for my hometown. It is defiantly worth the drive from the Baltimore or Washington area. Maybe I will see some of you there.

Complete schedule and ticket information is available at the Blues Fest web site along with directions to the venues. Check it out.

I have posted more photos from previous years on my Flickr Photo site. Check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment