Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Burnside's Heron Revisited

He's in there. He won't let me get much closer than this.

enlarge to see heron

Click on the picture to enlarge to see the heron.

You can see more photos of thus guy’s neighborhood around Burnside Bridge and Antietam National Battlefield here:

http://flickr.com/photos/lostbob/sets/72157604154649292/

I have a Pentax weatherproof 35mm I used to carry on canoe and backpacking trips. It has optics comparable to the Olympus C5050. I could get a good shot easily with the old Pentax zoom90-WR. It had feature that my Olympus lacks. A sensor for the remote control on the back of the camera. I could set the camera on a tripod and focus on the Heron’s favorite spot. I could then hide in cover behind the camera and wait for him to return. I already know it takes only about five minutes for him to return if I am out of sight.

The Olympus has a sensor only on the front of the camera. I would have to hide under the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment